Focus on the small number (Influencing & Negotiation)
All that pain is out there waiting for you! So good luck!
• People are more motivated to complete a task when they get feedback that focuses on small rather than large numbers.
• When persuading people to pursue a task or goal providing feedback on whatever is the smaller number – either progress made or effort remaining – is more motivating.
• For example, “we’re already 20% towards our target” is better than “we’ve 80% left to go.”
- Achieving Goals & Commitments Workshop Guide
- Achieving Goals And Commitments Infographic